Chilli non Carne with the Veggie/Vegan Sprinkle!
100g Carrots peeled and finely chopped
100g Turnips peeled and finely chopped
100g Parsnips peeled and finely chopped
100g White Onions peeled and finely chopped
1 Celery Stick finely chopped
1 Fennel Bulb trimmed and finely chopped
25ml Burren Balsamics Black Garlic Vinegar
400g Red Kidney Beans drained and washed
400g Chopped Tomatoes
200ml Vegetable Stock
5g Letterbox Larder Vegetarian Sprinkle
10ml Olive Oil
- Heat the oil in a suitable saucepan then add the prepared vegetables and sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with the vinegar.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, stock and letterbox seasoning.
- Bring to the boil then reduce to simmer.
- Braise gently until the vegetables are cooked.
- Add the kidney beans.
- Season with a little sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve with flat breads and steamed coriander rice.